ADVANCED HERO Ready Course REGISTRATION CLOSED
Time & Location
About the Event
HERO Advanced Ready Course - This course builds on the skills you have learned in the BASIC course. The basic course is a mandatory prerequisite to attend this advanced course.
The course is not appropriate for anyone with physical or mental health issues which would inhibit your ability to lift more than 50 pounds, run, use stairs, exert yourself in hot/humid areas, focus under duress, very loud noises, in the dark, crowded areas, or at theatrical scenes utilizing actors with realistic looking illness or injury, fake blood or distorted injury related physical appearances.
In this training you you learn:
- Leadership: Become a command presence at a medical or trauma scene
- How to get others to effectively assist you in a panicked enviornment
- Tourniquet improvization with available materials (and CAT/RATS Review)
- Wound Packing and advanced bleeding control
- Chest Seal application, and improvised chest seals
- Proper splinting and improvised splinting
- Bandaging terchniques
- Burn care, and heat injuries
- How to carry patients depending on their injuries or condition
- CPR and Choking Review
This course should be refreshed every year, as medical advancements and new guidelines are created, and to keep you as capable and ready as possible. Option to order an ADVANCED HERO Ready Kit will be available to all participants on the day of the course. These kits require training to use properly and cannot be sold without the course.
Advanced HERO Basic Ready Course is offered in English and Kreyol, we split into 2 groups for training in the 2 languages, and then work together and practice together in a mixed-language group.